LOCAL TALENT, GLOBAL REACH.
The Western Swing Authority
The Western Swing Authority is Canada's most recognized and awarded authentic Western Swing group. Made up of a collection of some of the country's finest touring and studio musicians, they came together to play the timeless style of music they love. Seamlessly combining stellar musicianship and vocals with traditional country and jazz standards and their own “new vintage” originals, they have created a sound that is truly their own.
WSA have been recognized with awards and nominations in both Canada and the United States and are reintroducing the Western Swing sound to an entire new generation of music lovers with every performance.
Recently, they caught the attention of a few of the music industry's most legendary icons, receiving an invitation to play a private party in Nashville in March of 2018 for none other than Garth Brooks and his manager Bob Doyle. In October 2019 the WSA released their 4th studio album, “BIG DEAL”, that includes guest appearances by 9x Grammy winner Ray Benson of Asleep at the Wheel, Grammy nominated Jazz sensation Jane Monheit, Canadian Country Stars George Canyon and Jason McCoy, along with many more amazing artists who have added their support and talent.
More about the band.
Tuesday August 18, 2020 | 7:00 pm
SHANE GUSE *FIDDLE/MANDOLIN/VIOLA/CELLO*
- 5 time Canadian Country Music Association Fiddle Player of the Year
- 3 time Country Music Association of Ontario Awards
- performs with JUNO and CCMA winners Dean Brody, George Canyon, Jason McCoy and Jason Blaine
- performed on the legendary Grand ole Opry, played overseas in Kandahar for the UN troops and at the the CMA Music festival in Nashville
STACEY LEE GUSE *VOCALS*
- she has shared the stage and studio with numerous other Canadian artists including Jason McCoy of The Road Hammers (featured on his single, "I Lie”), Jason Blaine, Tim Hicks, Chad Brownlee, Deric Ruttan, Michelle Wright, and the Good Brothers
- former member of Juno-nominated country sensation, LACE
- has shared the stage with legendary artists including Merle Haggard and The Nitty Gritty Dirt band
- worked with renowned producers David Foster, J. Richard Hutt, and Jason Barry.
ED RINGWALD AKA PEE WEE CHARLES *STEEL GUITAR/DOBRO/LAPSTEEL*
- 5 time Steel Canadian Country Music Association Player of the Year
- 16-year stint with Gordon Lightfoot’s band... once he was unable to do an Eagles session when their recording dates conflicted with Gordon Lightfoot’s tour schedule
- was a member of Ian Tyson’s band, Great Speckled Bird
- is presently playing & recording with Juno and CCMA award-winning country singer George Canyon
PAUL "CHAPPY" CHAPMAN - ELECTRIC GUITAR/ACOUSTIC GUITAR/MANDOLIN
- Paul spent 5 years in the US, playing in the famous Palomino Club subbing for Jerry Donahue, recording for composer Jerry Fuller's studio, playing on the soundtrack for the NBC- network TV series "Hot Country Nights"
- has recorded and performed with George Fox, Jason McCoy, Lace, Beverley Mahood, Julian Austin, Susan Aglukark, Lisa Brokop, Aaron Pritchett, Chris Cummings, Diane Chase, the Arrogant Worms, John Landry, Michelle Wright and the Wilkinsons
MATTHEW LIMA - UPRIGHT AND ELECTRIC BASS
- Toured with Juno Award Winner for Vocal Jazz Album Kellylee Evans, two-time winner for guitar at the Canadian Music Competitions Kevin Ramessar and Juno award winner Susan Aglukark
- regular Drayton Entertainment artist (Beauty and the Beast, Mama Mia! etc)
- local greats: Kevin Ramessar, Larry Larson’s Jazz Guys, Tim Louis, Andriy Tykhonov
- "Not only is he a killer bass player, but he’s branching out into male modelling, and he smells as good as he looks!!" (WSA, Facebook)
DAN HOWLETT - FIDDLE/MANDOLIN
- has toured and recorded with Cassandra Vasik, Marshall Dane, The Good Brothers, Tommy Hunter
- recorded with Jason McCoy "Jason McCoy" and Kelly Vohnn "A New Beginning" produced by Ken Greer
- toured with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Vince Gill, Steve Wariner, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Prairie Oyster
- television highlights include the Ria McNeil Show with Shania Twain and other artist's, a Michelle Wright CBC Special, Ear To The Ground with Cassandra Vasik, The Tommy Hunter Show
JIM BOUDREAU - DRUMS
- 30 years of international touring and recording experience with notable blues and country stars such as Sam Moore (Sam and Dave) Chuck Berry, Jason McCoy, Aaron Lines
- 17 years as the drummer for esteemed blues guitarist Mel Brown (and the Homewreckers)
- honored recipient of the 2016 Mel Brown Award as presented by the Kitchener TD Blues Festival.